Tuesday, June 23, 2015

The A-Z of Black Eyed Boy. H is for ... Hair.

Emily, fifteen, has gorgeous long red hair. She doesn’t think much of it but the new scrumptious boy in her life (Dylan) absolutely loves it. I knew immediately that the character of Emily would be a redhead; I wanted to show my cousin that red hair is beautiful. Because it is. It’s much more interesting than my boring brown.

Black Eyed Boy has the character of Dylan (yum) on the front cover. I have finished the sequel (Green Eyed Girl) and I am currently searching for a young redheaded beauty to adorn the cover for this book. I am looking for my Emily.

Here are a few excerpts from the book that show how differently they feel about Emily’s gorgeous red locks:

“You’re a pretty girl, you must get a lot of attention with all that long red hair.”
“All it brings me is ginger jokes,” I sighed.


I saw a few of the girls from school but they didn’t say anything; they didn’t smile or even notice me at all, but I didn’t care. With bright ginger hair and freckles, maybe I just wasn’t supposed to be in with the likes of them.


“You have beautiful eyes,” I said, instantly regretting how gushing and girly that sounded.
“As do you, and beautiful hair,” he said, stroking it.
“Now you must be joking,” I snorted. “Who wants to be a ginger?”
“But red hair is the best. You remind me of a fox with your red hair and your green eyes.”







No comments:

Post a Comment