Tuesday, July 7, 2015

The A-Z of Black Eyed Boy. W is for ... Whitby.

I wrote a blog post about why I chose Whitby as the setting for my book, back in November last year. 

You can read it here:

Unless you have been in a coma or floating around in outer space, you may well know just how much I love Whitby. I love everything about it and it seemed natural to set my novel there. I think it made it even more fun to write as I mentally walked around the old, cobbled streets and climbed the steps (without the aching legs: bonus.)

In just over three weeks, I will be back there and I can hardly wait. I feel an increased excitement about my visit this year; it will be the first time in Whitby as a published author with a book out that is set in that very place. It will be useful too, as I am still writing the trilogy. I signed a contract with my publisher, Crooked Cat, yesterday and the sequel will be out later in the year. It continues to be an exciting time and a thrilling journey.


I long to do a Black Eyed Boy Whitby tour (purely for myself). I am looking forward to standing at the place where they met, shared their first kiss and fell in love. I will think of Emily and Dylan a lot during that week. I can envisage certain scenes of the book running through my head as I see a particular view, landmark or street sign. And it will make me very happy. Also, I hope it will give me a kick up the arse to get writing more of the third and final instalment. Though I don't look forward to saying goodbye to my beloved characters. Not at all.



1 comment:

  1. I can’t wait for the next book... first row were brilliant. I could connect with all the landmarks and it made the story more special.

    ReplyDelete