Sunday, May 3, 2020

I Will Remember the Time When...


Life halted.
We were locked down.
I didn’t go to work.
I didn’t leave the house.
I compared death tolls between countries.
I listened to repetitive daily briefings.
There was no other news.
I couldn’t get any shopping.
Toilet roll and flour were like gold-dust.
I couldn’t see my lovely sister.
I got creative with random ingredients.
My kids felt utterly lost.
I wanted to do things but lacked motivation.
Nature reclaimed territory.
Bluebells filled my garden.
The weather was annoyingly glorious.
We clapped our hands on a Thursday night.
It felt like Groundhog Day.
I missed my friends.
I yearned for cafes, the library, company and chat.
I didn’t wear make-up.
I lived in my dressing gown.
I wrote things like this because I didn’t know what else to do.



No comments:

Post a Comment