Wednesday, April 1, 2020

The Little Things I Moan About. (That I now miss.)



Alarm clock.
School mornings.
Why isn’t it Friday yet?
“Where are my shoes?”
“I’ve lost my purse.”
Going to work:
Menial tasks.
Cut, cut, cutting
Jacket Potatoes.
Wipe the table.
Wipe the table.
Wipe the table.
Frantically dashing.
No time for lunch.
Waiting for the 76 bus
In the pissing rain.
No 76 bus.
Oh, fuck.
Noisy children.
Instant headache.
Low blood sugar.
God, I’m tired.
Clock-watching.
Finishing work.
To go home,
Which means more work.
Washing pots.
Making dinner.
Lunch boxes.
Permission slips.
Money for this, and that.
“Have you seen my PE kit?”
Washing machine full
Of school uniform.
Sit down.
Struggling to keep eyes open.
Defiantly watch Netflix
Until the crawl to bed.
Alarm clock.
Repeat.


I can’t promise that I won’t moan about these little things again, once this surreal time is over.
If I do complain, I will remember that I am fortunate to do so.





No comments:

Post a Comment