Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Lost Property

Gordon searched the carriages at the end of his shift, scooping up the weird and wonderful artefacts of lost property to hand into the station: a family photograph, a paisley scarf and a single jewel encrusted, glittering stiletto. He had a funny feeling in his crotch that he didn’t understand, and so, uncharacteristically, stuffed it into his bag.

Back home, he took it out and lovingly stroked the knobbly crystals. It was a large shoe, he immediately visualised an outrageously tall, blonde with a figure to die for. Gordon wished to find the owner. During the night, he dreamed about sliding his foot into the stiletto.

In the morning, Gordon did some internet research and discovered some photographs which looked just like the shoe he cradled in his free hand. He printed off the address and ran out to his bicycle. He arrived at Diane’s Boutique and struck gold. She had recently embellished that very shoe, for Vicky over at Wonderland.

Gordon dashed over to Wonderland, a strip club with violet walls. He shyly asked to see Vicky; he wished to return some property left on a train. Vicky is a man, dressed as a woman. Gordon’s level of excitement, concerning the shoe, does not falter. 

‘Oh my Prince Charming!’ shrieked Vicky in a male voice. The long blonde wig confused Gordon. As did the fact that Vicky was outrageously tall and had a figure to die for.

‘Would you like to go out for a drink some time?’ Gordon heard himself asking.

‘You’re not my usual type,’ stated Vicky. Gordon felt crushed.

‘What’s your usual type?’ he asked.

‘Gay!’ laughed Vicky.

‘I might be,’ Gordon offered tentatively.

‘That’s for you to decide,’ said Vicky, stooping down to kiss Gordon’s bald patch.

‘Show me,’ Gordon pleaded, handing Vicky the majestic shoe at last.

Gordon had a front row seat at the Wonderland strip show. Vicky wore the jewel encrusted heels, was blonde, outrageously tall, and had a body to die for. Vicky also had the same body parts as Gordon. Gordon was in love. 



15 comments:

  1. Fantastic. Witty, funny, well-written....Wonderful! The final punchline is brill =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Witty, funny and so romantic! I LOVED it! The way Gordon emerges so shyly is delightful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say I love Gordon. I especially love the kiss on the bald spot!! What a great way to reveal his physical description.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous, love it! Thanks for entering :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this from beginning to end! I liked the repeat for effect, I loved the plain language gilded at the edges with jewels. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your lovely comments about the story :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW that was a very unexpected tale, I really enjoyed it. There were some great images, Gordon cleaning up the train and then riding his bike, I have such a clear picture of what he's like and as for Vicky - what a princess! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great twist! This reminded me of Will Grayson Will Grayson by John Green for some reason and that is a very good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's interesting. I haven't read it but I think I might have to now! :-)

      Delete
  9. This was so funny, great visuals! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning - just stunning. A twist I was willing to arrive .... and it did! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hilarious, so unexpected, and brilliantly written, love it! Love the characters!

    ReplyDelete